Well my Dr's office just called & said they want to schedule an ultrasound on the day of my appt on the 22nd!! She said he wants it done because of things they couldn't see during the last one!! So now Jeremy & I are nervous about what they're looking for!! To me everything looked good...they even said that there wasn't any birth defects (well the ones they were looking for like down syndrome & spina bifida) so I was pretty happy! Everything appeared to be in working order (ie. the heart, bladder, kidneys & all the blood flow was fine)!! So what could they possibly be looking for?? They were very focused on the feet...he wouldn't stretch his legs so they couldn't get a good look at the feet (or at least that's what the girl said)!! So now I'm nervous AGAIN!! I'm trying to stay positive & hope that all is going to be just fine but I can't help thinking something's wrong! Well I have 2 weeks & 6 days to wait! It's going to be a stressful 2 weeks!!
**UPDATE** So Jeremy thinks that they're looking for something called "club foot"!! Which if that's the case...I'm not too worried! I've done the homework & it is VERY treatable!! He will have to wear like 7 casts (I think...maybe more)...it will have to be changed every 5 to 7 days & then after that he will most likely have to wear special shoes with a metal brace on it during naps & bedtime! We've searched every thing that they could be looking for but since they were so focused on the feet...we're almost 95% positive that's what they're looking for!! Just to maybe to take off some stress, I'm going to call the Dr's office tomorrow & hopefully they can ease my mind a little!! I'm really praying for something (if anything) that's small & that won't be life threatening!! We'll love our baby boy no matter if he has club foot...missing some fingers & toes or even only has 1 working leg!! It really don't matter to me! The only thing that matters is that he has the possibility to live a long & health life!! Well, that's all I have for now...I'll keep you posted on whatever I can find out!!
**Ok...I called the Dr's office & all she said was that my Dr wants to get another ultrasound just because the baby wasn't in a good position to see "everything" so they just want to try to get a better look!! I personally think that they want to look at the feet again hoping that they can get a better look...which I really hope that's it! She did say that it's nothing serious so I guess I can breath a little easier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment