Friday, August 21, 2009

Can I get an order of sleep with a side of 6 FULL hours???

Well to update you on my pregnancy status real quick, I'm 17 WEEKS TODAY!!! YAY!!!
With that being said over the past few weeks sleep has become something that I only get for about 3 to 5 hours depending on when I go to sleep! It really don't seem to matter though because no matter what I wake up around 3am to 5am!! I'd love to make it all the way till 6am at least because I have to wake up around 6:55am (or at least that's when my alarm goes off...I usually hit the snooze twice)!! I'm not quite sure why it is I keep waking up!! It's not like I wake up & then go right back to sleep NOOOOOO....it's like I'm wide awake & ready for the day at 3am!! WHAT THE CRAP!???!?? This has never happened to me before!! With my last pregnancy it was hard for me to fall asleep! This time, I just lay in bed on my iTouch playing solitaire until I'm drowsy enough to fall asleep, but no matter what I'm awake in the wee hours & I know I should be sleeping!!
Now, I know it's normal to be very tired (no matter how much sleep I get at night) during the 1st trimester!! I'd take naps everyday for an hour or so & get plenty of rest (I really had no choice due to morning sickness)!! I thought the 2nd trimester would be more energetic...just better feeling all around!! From all the reading I've done the 2nd trimester is pretty much the best part because you're feeling great!!
Well, I'm fine on every aspect (well except for the norm like heartburn, constipation, & headaches) except for the sleep!! So when I get up to take Taylor to school, I'm cranky & a walking zombie for a few minutes!! I come home, eat breakfast & have some water & try to get tired enough to go back to sleep!!! Taylor gets out of school at 3:05pm & with me being so tired from not sleeping at night...I can't sleep for JUST an hour!! I need to sleep for at least 2 hours & that's if I go right to sleep!! So I try to shoot for 4 hours or until I can't lay there no more!!
Yesterday I felt awful!! I didn't sleep very well the night before & I had a headache....so after I dropped Taylor off I tried to go back to sleep (I ate breakfast already waiting to take her because I just got out of bed at 6:30am because I couldn't lay there any longer!)...well no sooner did I set an alarm (I was calling my mom so I didn't want to sleep all morning) & pull my sleep mask down...the house phone rang...it wasn't in the room with me so I was listening to what the caller ID was saying (yes it talks to me)!! I couldn't make out what it was saying so I got up to check who called....it was TAYLOR!!! She forgot something & needed me to bring it to her! UGH! So I was like FINE & I'll just nap later (she had to stay late for a student council meeting)!! So I called my mom when I got back home! Well a few hours later I was tired & just wanted to lay down so I did & was talking to her. Well after a while my eyes got heavy & I was just thinking "I'll just rest them & listen to her" well next thing I knew...she was calling my name & asking me if I was still there!! I FELL ASLEEP!!! Once I got off the phone, I tried to lay down & get in a 2 1/2 hour nap...nope just as I get comfy, the dogs went crazy (no barking though THANK GOD) so I got up to check the door & we got something from FEDEX!! So there went my nap & then came on the migraine!!
So I go to the Dr. on Tuesday for my 4 month check up...maybe he can give me some pointers or SOMETHING for this sleep problem!! I also go to the Fetal Women's center for my 2nd trimester screening which will tell us FOR SURE if the baby has any birth defects!! I'll post pics as soon as I get them or when I'm not too tired!! LOL
Thanks for reading my rant on this...I'm just so frustrated & had to complain!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment